picture size ?

Morpheus© 22:08 28 Sep 2003

i use irfanview, when i click on a image, for a fraction of a second it is a full size shot, then it jumps down to about the third of the size, i have tried altering the size in display options, ie: fit to window,fit image to desktop and so on, but i can not make it full size, any ideas..............i am on Win XP..thanks

BarryKeith 22:13 28 Sep 2003

Have you tried pressing the "Enter" key? That will give a full screen display.

Pesala 22:14 28 Sep 2003

It works fine in Windows ME. Is there a problem specific to XP perhaps?

graham√ 22:16 28 Sep 2003

Is the image being displayed in Irfanview? Right click and select 'Open with Picture and Fax viewer'.

Morpheus© 22:27 28 Sep 2003

i tried right clicking and i never got any options, i now have it at "fit window to image" it is full size while it is loading then drops to a smaller image.....it stayed the same when i pressed Enter :-((

Morpheus© 22:33 28 Sep 2003

just noticed, in the bottom corner of the image there is a icon that looks like beefburger with an arrow in each corner when clicked the image goes full size, but i would like it so start full size...

DieSse 22:54 28 Sep 2003

"icon that looks like beefburger with an arrow in each corner"

That's not in Irfanview is it??

MAJ 22:55 28 Sep 2003

It sounds as though you have automatic image resizing turned on, Morpheus©, but I don't see why that should effect Irfanview. Turn it off see if it helps. Go to in IE > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab, scroll down to the Multimedia section and untick "Enable Automatic Image Resizing".

Morpheus© 23:29 28 Sep 2003

DieSse, i thought it must be irfanview i have all the boxes ticked........

MAJ, you have cracked it...followed your post and lo and behold they now stay full size..

thanks you all for the help....i will get the hang of it one day.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone