Picture Motion Browser-can't get camcrdr 2 connect

pugmom36 03:44 01 Jan 2008

I read the following here on the board and I have a similar problem: click here

I have Windows XP Media Center and a Sony DCR DVD308 digital camcorder. I put the software (Picture Motion Browser)CD-ROM in the computer to load it and I get a message telling me I must have the camcorder connected. I connected the camcorder with a USB cable and select "Computer" on the LCD screen I then get a message on the LCD screen that says "Preparing," but it never does anything after that. If I hit "Next" on the install wizard, it says I have to have a camcorder connected, so obviously there is a breakdown in communication somewhere. I've left it "Preparing" for over an hour with no result. I've been fooling with this for about a week and am about to pull my hair out! Help please!

Les28 14:46 01 Jan 2008

I can't help with the installation of the Picture Motion Browser software, maybe someone here will come along with the answer to that or maybe even Sony Technical service department will help.

I was just going to suggest a possible workaround to the problem. Do you want to get the video on the computer to be able to edit it, I'm assuming that's why you want to use the Picture Motion Browser software as you can see the video I guess by playing in a DVD player or on your computer by putting the mini disc in your DVD rom drawer on the pc.

If I'm right and it's just for editing purposes you want to get it on to the pc you could download a free trial version of a video editing programme that will work with DVD discs as most video editing programmes do. An easy programme I use sometimes is Arc Soft Showbiz DVD free 15 day trial here

click here

But there's plenty of other video editing programmes with free trials that will work with dvd discs from camcorders and perhaps do a better job than the manufacturers bundled software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?