Picture It with Windows 7 - wishful thinking?

Trikie 13:55 04 Jan 2011

I find that Picture It is ideal for my very limited photo editing. Currently I'm on XP - is there a driver available for my next PC which will be Windows 7? Haven't been able to find anything on line.

Graphicool1 14:03 04 Jan 2011

I also use it on WinXP and as far as I know if you choose to move to the nexy or latest Windows, you'll have to leave Pic It! behind.

bremner 14:04 04 Jan 2011

I am confused, Picture It is I assume a program so why would it need a driver?

T0SH 14:13 04 Jan 2011

The last time I looked both Vista and Win7 supported an Win XP compatibility mode, intended to allow the install and use of older software

Cheers HC

961 14:51 04 Jan 2011

Have you tried Picasa?

click here

Free and easy, works well

Graphicool1 16:16 04 Jan 2011

"and as far as I know if you choose to move to the next or latest Windows, you'll have to leave Pic It! behind"

I have to hold my hand up to this Faux Pas. I don't know what I was thinking about when I said this. I have no excuse for this foot in mouth! Of course you can use it in all know Windows after WinXP. I hope I have redeemed myself. what a bad start to the New Year.

But as for using other art software. I personally have tried just about every FREE art programme known to man and woman on the Net. This time I hope you can believe me when I tell you that nothing compares or even comes close to Pic It! for what it can do and the ease of which it does it. It has no limitations.

Trikie 16:44 04 Jan 2011

Bremner, my little knowladge obviously leads to a silly question.

961, yes I have tried Picassa and found it wasn't as useful as Picture It and it also tries to take over every aspect of my photos.

I'll watch out to make sure I get the Win XP compatibility mode.

Woolwell 17:13 04 Jan 2011

Windows Live Photo gallery may do what you want click here

Graphicool1 12:56 05 Jan 2011

To use 'Windows Live' you'll need a 'Video Card' that supports 'Shader Model 2' or better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?