Pics are coming out the wrong colour in print

rins36 23:30 23 Jun 2003

I took some pics over the weekend & wanted to print them out to send to my parents, on printing the 1st using the original cartridge the pic came out pink, only picking out my sons red shirt & the red strips on his socks, my mum's shorts were dark blue & came out mauve, my step dads jeans looked like they had been painted in various places with pink paint

Hence change of colour cartridge tonight as the ink was getting low, however the pics are still coming out with the same colours with a compat cartridge as with genuine

Printing in txt is fine as i have done a letter tonight

The printer is Epson Stylus Photo830

The last pic printed prior to last night came out ok apart from the wall above the person in the pic had a green tinge on it, put this down to the ink being low

Any advice would be appreciated on this

woodchip 23:35 23 Jun 2003

Do a printer test page to see what colours are missing, go to star/settings/printers right click your printer click properties click print test page

rins36 23:43 23 Jun 2003

woodchip

just a question could this prob be anything to do with me disconnecting the printer & reconnecting whilst i was eliminating the prob with the card reader on a previous post?

rins36 23:45 23 Jun 2003

forgot to say using winxp

rins36 23:53 23 Jun 2003

woodchip

on clicking start i get the options of my computer, my docs, my music, my pics

not sure why i cant get:- go to star/settings/printers right click your printer click properties click print test page

both inks a full to the brim, puzzled by this

woodchip 00:02 24 Jun 2003

You must be on XP so not shure whare to divert you to the printer folder, have a look in Control Panel if you see printer icon double click it till you can see your printer then right click and click properties for the test page. Do not think the card reader as done anything

Djohn 00:08 24 Jun 2003

control panel, then "Printers and other hard ware", or start button, look to your right and you will see "Printers & Faxes". j.

rins36 00:16 24 Jun 2003

woodchip & Djohn

done the winxp printer test page & got the message congrats if u can read this thne you ahve correctly installed your Epson Stylus Photo 830.

The windows logo on the page is fine...all true colours

woodchip 00:24 24 Jun 2003

then cannot understand what's happening if you have all three colours and black

Djohn 00:26 24 Jun 2003

woodchip, is more conversant with photo's than me. Like you I have only just started with digital cameras.

Until woodchip comes back on this the only thing I can think of is, have you set your printer to correct paper setting for photo's. and are you using best print quality? j.

Djohn 00:28 24 Jun 2003

forgot to refresh page before posting, din't see your last post. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?