Picasa Set up

Bagsey 11:40 10 Aug 2006

I asked if it was possible to run Picasa on win 98 and was assured it would run. Now hoever I have a problem in setting up on my friends computer. Can anyone tell me how to do the setup when there is no internet account. It seems to me not to be possible. It installs OK but wont let me past the stage of deciding how it would scan the computer. Any help gratefully received.

FelixTCat 11:52 10 Aug 2006

Bagsey

According to Google's site the system requirements are Microsoft® Windows 2000, or Microsoft® Windows XP

Regards,

Felix

anskyber 12:06 10 Aug 2006
  Bagsey 14:48 10 Aug 2006

There is a version that runs on Win98 as per anskyber but it would appear that an internet connection is requiredduring setup. I dont understand why though and it is a stumbling block to putting it on my friends computer as he is not connected.Does anyone know differently.???

Bagsey 17:47 10 Aug 2006

^

Simsy 21:02 10 Aug 2006

that it needs connecting to the internet to get a more recent version of the microsft msi installer program.

If this is so then a way round it might be for you to download this seperately.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

skidzy 21:19 10 Aug 2006

Are you using Picasa2 under Adminstrator rights ?

Windows XP Notes: You must be an Administrator to install Picasa. click here

Can you get into the tools menu of Picasa2,every time you try to open Picasa it will try to update itself online,you will need to :

Tools/Options/General/untick check for online updates.This is assuming you can access into the program.

Hope this helps.

Stuartli 23:43 10 Aug 2006

>>Are you using Picasa2 under Adminstrator rights?>>

No, it is clearly stated Windows 98...:-)

skidzy 08:29 11 Aug 2006

Cheers Stu,clearly im ahead of myself :-0 Doh !

Bagsey 13:52 11 Aug 2006

I have tried everything that I can find and have been unable to get this sorted. So I must accept that for some reason an internet connection is needed to set up Picasa and as my friend doesn't have I am unable to help him. I will tick this as resolved but will still be open for any advice. Thanks to all.

skidzy 14:01 11 Aug 2006

Not sure if this is any help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?