Picasa from google - free new prog

originalmiscellany 23:26 16 Jul 2004

click here

you may have seen it linked on google.com, and as far as I'm aware this hasn't been mentioned yet in the forum chat room area. It's a picture storer, which searches parts of your computer and then lets you search/manipulate images really well.
I've been really impressed with its simplicity and it's free. Plus it has a timeline feature of all your pictures which is pretty cool.
Try it out and I would love your opinions.

Thanks

Peter 09:53 17 Jul 2004

^Bump^ for my records and also so it doesn't just get lost.

Peter.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:50 17 Jul 2004

Doesn't Microsoft photo editor do the same? ;-))

G

MidgetMan 10:52 17 Jul 2004

Looks nice, at work at moment so will d/load when I get home (if I ever get home)!!!

spuds 12:08 17 Jul 2004

Downloaded, and now ready for a 'trial' run.

hssutton 12:44 17 Jul 2004

Picasa is far superior to MS photo editor, in fact it's one of the best image organisers out there.

GroupFC 22:28 17 Jul 2004

Looks interesting - will give it a go when I've got a bit more time!

originalmiscellany 02:07 18 Jul 2004

It's the bomb, the only concern is that it says it's a trial version but nowhere does it say how much it costs or how long the trial lasts for etc.

That said, it's a great programme. and it plays vidoes too!

ABBY12 11:09 20 Nov 2004

I downloaded Picasa v1.6 yesterday and it looks to be a great programme,much better than the windows viewer in 'my photos'....light years better in fact......

....however now when I start up the computer and try to activate IE/OE I can't get the normal connection box on screeen and get a message about not finding the server.

I have to get get connected by clicking on the tray icon for my internet connection.

I used system restore and without Picasa everything was normal once more. After reloading Picasa the problem returned - so it's a Picasa related blip......any ideas for getting around it?

huzzar 13:10 20 Nov 2004

This a great program originalmiscellany, thanks for telling us. I find it far superior to to the Microsoft photo editor.

VoG II 13:19 20 Nov 2004

Thanks! I was on holiday when this was originally posted so I missed it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone