Physical dumped memory

sirles1 10:07 13 Jul 2008

I have just recently upgraded my computer from 1gb memory to 3gb memory which is the maximum my machine can take. Every now and again, I get this blue error screen and it quickly reboots itself. It's only a split second my machine displays the error screen before it reboots but I managed to see the word "Physical Dumped Memory". I took all the memeory out and replace them one by one and at the same changing them around in the slots but that was fine. I have also added to my machine two SATA DVD drives. Can anyone help?? Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:44 13 Jul 2008

Auto-reboot disable:
When Running windows and it crashes you will get a blue screen and it will automatically restart, often it will restart too fast for you to see the error message.
To disable auto restart on system failure, so you can see the error message.

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System (Windows+Pause works, too)
2. Go to Advanced
3. Under the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings...
4. Under System Failure un-check "Automatically restart"

Post the error message here for further help.

sirles1 11:27 13 Jul 2008

Many Thanks - I have done this, I am now awaiting for it to happen again and then I will post it on the forum. I can go a whole day without it happening and then it will just happen. Could it only happen if I am either downloading new software or hardware?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:56 13 Jul 2008

"Could it only happen if I am either downloading new software or hardware?"

Unlikely, but we will know from the error message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?