Photoshop will not import from scanner

GPa 16:38 05 May 2007

After years of good service from various versions of Photoshop, suddenly I can not import images from my Epson Perfection 3200 scanner.

when I try, I see an error message telling me-
"Could not complete the Import Command because of a problem with the aquisition module interface".

I don't know what the aquisition module interface is and I cannot fix the problem.

The scanner works in all other modes, I am using CS1, have reinstaaled PSP v7 but that gives the same result, have reinstalled the scanner software, and reinstalled PSP; all to no avail.

My OS is XP Pro.

Can anyone please through any light on this problem???

Technotiger 17:01 05 May 2007

Hi, only guessing, but perhaps you should update your TWAIN drivers?

FreeCell 17:15 05 May 2007

A thought would be to check the entries in Device Manager to see if there is a reported problem. If so delete the device and reboot to reinstall the driver.

Diemmess 18:12 05 May 2007

I'm only guessing too, but unless a recent windows update has screwed things I think you will all ready have the most suitable drivers.

I can only suggest a repeat of the uninstalling and reinstalling you have done but:-

1.) Do a complete shut down and restart after uninstalling, with the scanner not connected.

2.) If you have to reinstall the scanner then don't forget in reloading its software, to wait until the process asks for the scanner to be connected.

GPa 14:45 10 May 2007

I have reinstalled the drivers off my resource disc that came with my computer, but no improvement I'm afraid.
These, of course are the originals and not updated. Where wouyld I look for Updated Twain drivers?

GPa 14:48 10 May 2007

Device Driver is AOK - no Exclamations, no Queries, no Red Crosses.
Any others ideas?

Newuser939 15:30 10 May 2007

You should be able to get it from here.
click here

GPa 12:42 11 May 2007

Thank you for the link,I have downloaded the 18.5 MB file called epson 12051 and installed it, but with no change.

I don't really know what I am doing, but I noticed that the file was extracted to a C:\Epson folder when I would have expected it to install into the C:\Programs\Epson folder. Do you think this will make any difference?

How does the software know a, that there are new Twain drivers, b, where they are, and c, that it should use the new rather than the old?

Is it OK to just install the new file "epson 12051" and leave it at that?

I am sorry to ask this, but do you think that you could please give me a step by step guide starting from the point where the scanner software has just been UNinstalled?? This seems like a fresh start which should have the best chance of success.
Many Thanks in anticipation.

Newuser939 18:46 11 May 2007

I don't have your particular scanner, so this is a bit of guesswork, but I think that the sequence will be something like this.
First make sure that your scanner software is uninstalled and disconnect your scanner. Then double click on the new software that you have downloaded and follow any on screen instructions to get it installed. Then connect your scanner and switch it on. The Windows "Found new hardware" wizard will hopefully do the rest.
After that you will need to tell Photoshop that you want to use your Epson Scanner. I only have Photoshop Elements, but in that you go to the Organiser, - Edit - Preferences - Scanner and select it from a drop down list.
If all of that does not work, let us know what happens and we can have another think.

GPa 09:32 12 May 2007

Wow!! That works!
How have I got to my age without getting your advice before!!??
Thank you very much Newuser939, you have achieved where Epson failed. Whatever they pay you, they should double it!
Many thanks again, you have made my year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone