Photoshop help

steve263000 12:28 15 Jun 2008

I have now got photoshop, but find that I am having problems with the layers etc. This is obviously the most basic part of Photoshop, and I would like to get to grips with it before trying anything complicated.
Could anyone point out a few links for basic Photoshop help please?

hssutton 12:42 15 Jun 2008

Actually layers are very easy once you understand them, but can appear very difficult for the beginner.

If you google for using layers in PS you will get many results. Here's one to be going on with click here

compumac 12:53 15 Jun 2008

Try here click here

tonyq 13:00 15 Jun 2008

as hssutton says there are lots of tutorials on the net. My advice would be to learn bit by bit as PS does take a lot of learning I would go as far as to say you never stop learning. I would also suggest that a good magazine to buy is "Digital Photo" (£4.99 in UK) out monthly.The magazine includes a cd or dvd which as various tutorials relating to photos and Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro ect.

David4637 13:40 15 Jun 2008

Pop into your local library and look what books on photoshop they have. Pick the same software version, or an earlier version. Your local tech college might run a course. Its what I did to learn PS. It is a fairly long learning curve but its well worth the effort. David

David4637 13:41 15 Jun 2008

Just seen tonyq post - Digital Photo mag is definitely worth buying. David

Tony W. 14:02 15 Jun 2008

There are some very good tutorials on Youtube.

Tony.W.

BT 16:41 15 Jun 2008

Digital Photo's own website has quite a lot of tutorials similar to the ones on their CDs

click here

BRYNIT 17:30 15 Jun 2008

This should help click here

Pineman100 19:11 15 Jun 2008

The standard tutorials mentioned above will probably help, but are you able to be more specific about the trouble you're having?

If you can explain your problem in detail, it might be easier to give you a specific answer.

hssutton 21:25 15 Jun 2008

Learning photoshop via magazine can be very expensive and can take you months. you would be far better buying such as Mark Galer & Philip Andrews Photoshop book, or Scott Kelby's book.

I learnt more in one month than an whole year of buying magazines at a cost of almost £60, one of the above books will cost you approx £20 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?