photoshop does not see ram

rocha 22:08 24 Aug 2009

Using photoshop 4 on xp. Ran reasonably well with 500M ram. Increased to 1Gb and now photoshop wont load and gives insufficient ram error. Computer properties shows 1Gb as do other diagnostic progs. Any ideas ?

GaT7 23:13 24 Aug 2009

Bit of a strange one that!

Anyway, try increasing your pagefile / virtual memory size to see if it makes any difference.

To do this: Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Performance > Settings > Advanced tab > Virtual memory > Change. Select 'Custom Size', & enter 1024 in both boxes. Click on 'Set' > Apply > OK. Reboot the PC & try again. G

P.S. What's the size of your hard drive, & how much free space does it have? Right-click the drive & select properties to find out

rocha 22:49 08 Sep 2009

First, sorry for not getting back sooner - was away. Changed virtual memory - no difference. Hard drive is 35GB with 17GB free.

GaT7 15:06 09 Sep 2009

Apologies rocha, I don't know what else to suggest apart from a Photoshop uninstall/reinstall.

If no joy, perhaps a dedicated Photoshop forum will be able to provide an answer click here.

All the best with it. G

P.S. You are not alone with the problem - see click here

rocha 20:48 26 Sep 2009

Put old ram back in and photoshop is working fine now. When I have more time I will try some of the solutions on the link - thanks crossbow7

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?