PhotoShop cut'n'paste

Furkin 12:35 18 Dec 2010

Hi all,
For some reason I can't seem to re-size a logo cut from from PS v7 and pasted to MS-Word.
In PS I have a folder that contains logos & signatures.
When I write letters/reports/Fax's etc in Word, I just cut'n'paste whatever I need.

I have always just pasted it, and sized it to git wat I was doing. I have no idea why it won't re-size now.
I have saved a signature in .jpg & .psd to see if there's a difference - there isn't.
I have reduced the image size in PS, but when I cut'n'paste that, I just get a blank gap where that image should be. If I click Backspace, I get a row of dots where the image should be. Then if I click Backspace again, it deletes this & the cursor goes to the beginning of the line.

I'm guessing that i've done something stupid,,,, but what ?

Any ideas please ?

brindly 12:55 18 Dec 2010

I use PS and I have the same problem sometimes and what I sometimes find is the object is so small it looks like it hasn.t pasted. I enlarge the screen and that shows the corner blocks to enlarge the object. Does that make sense?

Furkin 13:13 18 Dec 2010

Thanks Brindly,
It made perfesct sense - but not in my case.

I pasted a signature which was too big for an A4 page. As I couldn't make it smaller, I went back to PS & made the image its-self smaller.
When I cut'n'past that, I get the thing outlined above.
The cursor does move along the line - as though it's inserted something,,,, but there is nothing there.

I have viewed the page in 300, & I still get the row of dots etc.

cheers

tonyq 14:36 18 Dec 2010

Firkin,
would it be possible to post a link to the image of what you are trying to open. So that we can try opening it,plus what version of word are you using?.

woodchip 14:44 18 Dec 2010

Have you tried Creating a Graphics or Custom box in Word, then put the Image in that, You should be able to do it without Box being seen. I can in WordPerfect. as you go over the box with mouse it will change so you know where you created it, Or hide box after

Furkin 15:12 18 Dec 2010

ACER T120 Desktop. XP pro SP3. IE-8. Scanner Brother 5840 (all-in-one)

Whilst i'm trying to get a copy over, I have just noticed a couple of things.
1/ The signature that I'm trying to use at the moment is only a couple of weeks old. In fact, the three latest ones all re-act (or not) the same - they can't be re-sized.
But: all my old stuff does re-size and acts as normal- so it's only a recent thing.

2/ I just clicked on the same signature & it opened up PS and the scanned/saved version on there !

Am scanning my name to use as a 'test'. How do I separate it & link to it ?

MS-Word = v2007

Furkin 15:13 18 Dec 2010

WC: Yep - tried inserting boxes & pasted to them - but still the same. The box its-self re-sizes, but not the pasted image.

tonyq 16:05 18 Dec 2010

Firkin,
since I last posted I have been doing some address lables in Word 2007 which I have placed an Image. Now like you,when I select the Image to resize it,the Image opens in Photoshop which never happened before. I wonder if it as anything to do with windows updates,which I have recently installed,how about you?

Furkin 17:06 18 Dec 2010

My last updates were Thurday night.

Now I think about this, it started happening a couple of months ago. Can't recall if it was the same time as the last updates.

What I have is an A4 page in Word, containing my family & business signatures & logo's.

When any of us need one, we just cut'n'paste the appropriate one from this page to our work.

I'm using all the same gear & programs that I have done for years,,,, and my older stuff is still normal.

I think (?!?!) it may be something to do with the way I used PS as opposed to Word.

tonyq 10:27 19 Dec 2010

Firkin,
2 things to try,(I know it may be a bind)

1.Copy/paste your image into Word,click on the image,go to "Text Wrapping" choose an opion. You should now be able to resize your image.

or

2.Copy/paste your image into "Paint" RE-COPY paste into Word.

Please let me know if this works.

tonyq 10:47 19 Dec 2010

Firkin,
Another way, Copy the image in Photoshop
when pasteing into "Word" use the "Paste Special" then choose Picture (Windows Metafile)
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?