photoshop cs6 scanner recognition problems

jerica 12:02 09 Jun 2017

Hi. just installed a copy of photoshop Cs6 on my machine but for some reason it refuses to recognise my canoscan 4200f. It worked with photoshop 7 but does not connect now. I know the driver for the 4200f is not completely in tune with Win10 but I haven't had a problem until now. Am I missing something like reinstalling the scanner? Thanks.

hssutton 17:55 09 Jun 2017

According to Canon the 4200f will not work on Win 10. Unfortunately your device is no longer supported under the Win 10 operating system. Please feel free to view our current range of available products.

This product is compatible with the following operating systems - Windows 7 (32-bit) Windows 7 (64-bit) Windows Vista (32-bit) Windows XP (32-bit) Windows 2000 (32-bit) bnut I guess you've already seen this

john bunyan 19:17 09 Jun 2017

I had a similar issue with a Canonscan 8000f . I found it worked with w8 drivers on a w10 installation I think.

john bunyan 19:18 09 Jun 2017

Ps I think there was a compatibility mode option.

jerica 12:35 10 Jun 2017

Hi, thanks for getting back, where do I find the compatibility option?

john bunyan 13:48 10 Jun 2017

I am out at the moment, will check later. I believe you go to device manager then click on device driver then comparability then troubleshoot.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires