Photoshop crashes

GeoffChorley 15:21 10 Mar 2006

I am having problems when running Photoshop Elements (presumably Version 1). When I am processing images using the software, the PC will occasionally "hang" with loss of both mouse and keyboard input, and the only thing I can do is to reboot to restore computer function. My PC is running Windows XP with SP2 and I have an AMD Athlon 2200+ processor and 512MB RAM. My graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with 64MB of memory. Have you any suggestions for how to solve this problem.

eedcam 18:49 10 Mar 2006

Check what you have the set in the preferences memory at least 50% should help. In the meantime
Start Elements and immediately before it has fired up hit Cntl + Alt + Shift you should get a dialogue asking if you want to reset settings click yes.

GeoffChorley 20:16 12 Mar 2006

Thanks. I tried the Cntl + Alt + Shift without success. However, in the Edit/Preferences menu I found Memory & Image Cache. Physical memory usage was already set to 50%. I have now increased this to 75%. I will check over the next few days if it has helped. I am beginning to wonder if it really is a Photoshop problem because I have now had a couple of crashes trying to save an online image to my hard drive and trying to run a Windows movie file that a friend sent me. Could it be a graphics card fault?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires