Photoshop Colour Scheme gone wrong!

Mysticnas 22:17 22 Oct 2003

Hi all,

I think i've messed up my colour scheme in photoshop 7. Blue comes up as green, brown comes up as pink/red etc...

Images look fine on Adobe Image loader and other image editing/view software on my pc. I've checked the colour settings in photoshop against those of photoshop on another pc and made sure settings are the same but still getting grief.
Uninstalled/reinstall and still no good.
It can't be my pc now as the images come out fine in other software ao it must be specifically related to photoshop?

I had E-colour colour correction installed, but i've since unistalled it. Might it be this that interfering? I've just seen a colourific colour setting in the adobe colour setting menu. I uninstalled colorific a long time ago.

Please help.

Nas

hssutton 22:51 22 Oct 2003

Have you been to "Edit" "Colour Settings" set RGB to Adobe RGB (1998).

Also go to Control Panel and check the Adobe Gamma Via the wizard setup

Taran 22:59 22 Oct 2003

Click Edit, scroll down to Color Settings (or click on Shift+Ctrl+K) and on the Color Settings dialogue box that pops up, see what's detailed in the Settings: textbox.

It should read "Web Graphic Defaults" followed by:

Working Spaces:

RGB: sRGB IEC61966-2.1

CMYK: US Web Coated (SWOP) v2

Gray: Gray Gamma 2.2

Spot: Dot Gain 20%

Then:

Color Management Policies:

RGB: off

CMYK: off

Gray: off

Mysticnas 23:00 22 Oct 2003

I double clicked the adobe gamma loader button and got this error message:

"An exception occured while trying to run "shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma.cpl" ,Adobe Gamma"

Whats all this about then?

Mysticnas 23:03 22 Oct 2003

those are the settings. As i mentioned i've checked them with against a pc which photoshops seems fine on.

Taran 23:12 22 Oct 2003

Which operating system are you using ?

Mysticnas 23:14 22 Oct 2003

...sorted.

I checked display settings for monitor. Saw that the colour management was still using the old colourific profile for colour. Just changed it to the adobeRGB1998.

Mysticnas 23:14 22 Oct 2003

pro

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?