Photoshop CD giving active content message

techhelp 11:23 15 Feb 2006

I have an Windows XP system, with Adaware, Spybot, Sygate (firewall) and AVG (antivirus). I subscribe to DigitalPhoto magazine and was isuued with some Photoshop video lessons on CD. When I load the CD in the drive I subsequently get this message:

Information Bar isuues an alert when I.E blocks a pop up window or file download that might be load.

Information Bar - To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restarted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Check for options. And gave the option to Allow Blocked content.

Would it be safe to allow this program to access the PC? Is this message the norm for CD downloads? Why am I getting this message. Thanks

De Marcus™ 11:31 15 Feb 2006

The digital photo magazine cd uses active x to download and display the cd content on your PC, it's perfectly safe and internet explorer is doing it's job by way of warning you about potentially malicous code being executed on your system, in this case the source is known to be reliable and safe as is the case most of the time when your notified about it.

Yourhelppls 16:53 17 Jan 2007

Thanks De Marcus, was able to use the CD on that assurance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017