Photoshop 7

gmpy1 18:35 31 Oct 2008

can someone help ...how do i calibrate my printer to print the same as my computer screenThe printer is an "Epson Photo 810" I use
"Photoshop 7" I am sure this should be possable.
George
silver surfer

eedcam 19:01 31 Oct 2008

It is possible but quite complex .This is quite detailed how to
click here

tonyq 19:03 31 Oct 2008

Have you calibrated your computer?.

hssutton 19:49 31 Oct 2008

I think tonyq meant calibrate your monitor.

Here's a software prog to do that for you. click here

Then in the "print" dialogue box under "Colour management" select "printer Manages colours"

As eedcam says calibrating a printer is a long complicated job requiring software/hardware and possibly a lot of test prints.

David4637 13:45 01 Nov 2008

Are you saying that the screen display does not match the print output, or do you think you ought to calibrate before going further? The answer as above is a complex issue!!! David

gmpy1 14:02 01 Nov 2008

Thank to yuo all...
David... yes that is exactly my problem the print do not look like the screen when i print them
George

eedcam 16:08 01 Nov 2008

Happens to us all .If you are using images from a digital cam Which is the correct one? the printer or the screen not which you prefer. I would start with a scanned image from a good photograph Does it look as near as damnit when its on the screen and then how close to the original when printed as opposed the screen display. Then work from there

hssutton 17:16 01 Nov 2008

You must calibrate your monitor as a first step. The "Click Here" that I provided will do an excellent job of calibration.

As a matter of interest are you using third party inks,This can also make a difference

NotsoNewuser 21:51 01 Nov 2008

Alternatively contact a local photo club. There are people around who will come and calibrate your monitor/printer for for a reasonable charge. If you live in south essex I can give you a name.

David4637 15:00 02 Nov 2008

You also need to set up Photoshop 7 itself with colour management settings. There was a good video tutorial a few months back in Digital Photo Mag for setting it up in Photoshop. I used their recommended settings because this is a very COMPLEX issue. Let me know if you want the details of this mag article? David

eysha 13:37 21 Nov 2009

I am having the same problem and was going to post to ask for help.
My scanner is an Agfa, quite old now,and my printer a Canon ip4500. my os is vista.
I am trying to calibrate so that i can print out my artwork as well as photos but they just won't print out properly. For example i wanted to print out a dog i did in watercolour which is mainly in the brown range but it printed out mainly in the yellows. If any one wants to know what i mean they can see it at click here and it is named Baloo.
Not brilliant with computers so simple instructions would be very welcome please and if there is any free softwear that would be great if someone could point me in the right direction. many thanks E.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?