Photoshop

allright 11:08 27 Feb 2006

Can anyone recommend an alternative to Photoshop, ie something that does not cost an arm and a leg.

Cheers

De Marcus™ 11:15 27 Feb 2006

For web editing or photo editing?

NOF9 (net objects fusion) click here or nof8 I believe is flying around on some cover disks with certain magazines.

Gimp for photo editing - FREE. GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program click here

allright 11:21 27 Feb 2006

Yes for web editing, I use NOF8. Thanks for the tip on gimp, I wil take a closer look.

Cheers

JWJ 12:43 27 Feb 2006

I use PaintShop Pro and haven't yet found anything PhotoShop can do better. The last release before the current one is usually available quite cheaply.

Though I haven't used it myself, I've heard excellent reports about GIMP.

mco 16:04 27 Feb 2006

I've downloaded it and can see it has loads of potential. I find the learning curve is quite steep however but I think it'll be worth perservering with - and it's free!

_LiesOfAHero_ 22:21 28 Feb 2006

dont know but i would certainly advise photoshop.
easy to use; hard to master, but when its mastered it is excellent.

the newer CS2 is no differnet to CS so dont spend the extra money if you do ever want to buy photoshop.

anchor 09:40 04 Mar 2006

I would suggest Paint Shop Pro 9; it was the last release before the take over by Corel. Not much different the the current version 10.

£39.96 from Amazon, with Photo Album 5 thrown in; (incl: p/p).

click here

milbs 11:17 10 Mar 2006

allright i could sell u my version with serial and all...let me know if ur interested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?