Photos won't email.

emmybee 22:00 19 Jan 2007

My default Email program is Outlook Express. Until recently, emailing photos was easy: click on "E-mail this file" in Windows Explorer, resize it in the "Send pictures by E-mail" window that opens, click "OK" and it appeared in Outlook Express for sending. Now nothing happens when I click "OK", apart from the "Send pictures by E-Mail" window closing down. I have done a repair of Windows XP Home and installed IE7, all to no effect. Any ideas?

woodchip 22:16 19 Jan 2007

Why not just press on Add Attachment? then brows to the Photos and click on them to add

emmybee 22:29 19 Jan 2007

Because you can't browse further than the pictures folder: if I click on My Pictures it attaches "My Pictures"!!!! It won't open "My Pictures" to allow me to find the photo I want. There is a "Picture" option on the "Insert" dropdown menu but it's greyed out, as are all the other options except "File Attachment".

woodchip 22:33 19 Jan 2007

Then you need to change Options in Windows Explorer. Cannot remember just where exact in XP as I am on my 98se at the moment. But open Explorer and go to Menu in 98se it's under Tools Folder options. You need to change the files so they are not hidden, to show all.

jack 22:34 19 Jan 2007

Don't use Outlook anymore but this looks like there is a function the has been turned off.
Check tools/settings
Go to the Help file and ask a question.
Also check your setting in what ever protection you have installed- there is often a block that can switched on or off there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?