Photos - Where are they?

User-A470719A-A876-42F8-832F53D5179F1175 15:48 26 May 2005

I had, some time ago, saved photos onto a CD using Nero Vers. 5.

Now I am unable to "see" them when loading the disc. Although Properties shows the disc as having no free space, it shows as blank in Windows Explorer.

I currently use Windows ME and Nero 6.

Diemmess 17:15 26 May 2005

I think it is a corrupted disk rather than the software you are using.

If "Properties" show it to have no free space this suggests the disk has been "closed" after recording. You mention Windows Explorer, you could try My Computer, though it is at least as unlikely to show anything.

Some CD blanks are not nearly as permanent as we would like to think and it only takes a small corruption of the FAT to lose the 'index' of where everything is.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 26 May 2005

Try Badcopy Pro click here

It is not only one CD that can't be read. I also have 2 data (backup) Cd's that can't be read?

Diemmess 21:20 26 May 2005

Can you read any of these disks on a different computer ( a friends)?....... A very simple test, but supposing you can, it will at least prove the CDs themselves are OK.

Rtus 23:19 26 May 2005

I guess, these were probable written on a previous o/s or old unit , & not closed during writing,or youve updated your CDRW drive maybe . however you may be able to use a universal reader( i think its still available on the Ahead (Nero)web site .

Rtus 23:36 26 May 2005

Any other suggestions please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?