Photos on web pages....

mikegm7 16:19 25 Mar 2006

As a newbie with web page design, I have been messing about with web photos. Theyr'e saved as jpegs. What is the protocol for reducing the original size of the pics for web page use, but at the same time maintaining the clarity/crispness of the pic. Using PSPro.
Thanks

beynac 16:53 25 Mar 2006

Reduce the size of the photo in PSPro (Image/Resize) to the size you want for your webpage (say 480x360 pixels). Then click on File/Save As.. (or Save Copy As..). When you get the save dialog box, make sure the type selected is jpeg and then click on the options button. Set the "Compression" to about 30%. Experiment (with a COPY of the original!) with different degrees of compression until you get the smallest file that still retains the clarity/crispness you want.

I've got quite an old version of PaintShop Pro (v5) but I would think that it will be the same for all.

cycoze 17:00 25 Mar 2006

Newer versions of PSP, click on file>export>JPEG Optimizer, in the new window you can set the quality and format, also see what it looks like at different settings, when done click on "ok" and save.

mikegm7 17:06 25 Mar 2006

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?