photos and vista

qwesaws 10:11 18 Sep 2007

I used to be able to see all my photos and copy them to cd etc when I had xp now with vista it would appear I cannot do any of this I cannot get off first base even to load the software I have a rioch digital camera can anyone advise.
eric

hssutton 10:30 18 Sep 2007

The idea of using Windows Photo Gallery is that you don't require any other software (unless you're shooting in Raw). Just plug in your camera or card into reader and WPG should recognise them. Just go to File >> Import from Camera or Scanner.

As I use Adobe WPG is not a program I would normally use, but having just used it I find it extremely simple. I did not plug in my camera, just used the card reader

qwesaws 11:17 18 Sep 2007

Tried as you suggested camera capitol r3 found clicked on import, message "no pictures found on this device" when I know for a fact that I have over 100 photos in the camera so what now.

keef66 11:35 18 Sep 2007

If the camera has a memory card I suggest you take it out of the camera and try it in a usb memory card reader.

I never attach the camera to the pc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?