Photos On TV

I have a lot of photos I wanna put on a disc and look at on TV. How do I do it so that they come up as thumbnails on the TV so I can pick and choose which ones I wanna look at without having to view them one after the other? Thanks. ( I have Nero).

HCOOH 19:10 20 Sep 2007

Not sure you can do it with Nero. You can make a slideshow and add transitions, text, music, etc.

What software do I need to do it. I dont need anything fancy like music etc just thumbnails so I can choose which photo I wanna look at.

Technotiger 19:43 20 Sep 2007

Hmm, if you can view your My Pictures folder on the TV via your PC, then surely all you need to do is open the folder and click on thumbnails in My Pictures as wanted.

Technotiger 19:51 20 Sep 2007

Just read your question again - you could create a Folder containing the pics in thumbnail format (which is the normal way pics would appear in a folder anyway) - save that folder to disc. Then run disc in PC, Open and click on thumbnails as appropriate. You cannot click on anything directly on the TV of course.

jack 19:55 20 Sep 2007

You can simply burn images straight to disc taken as is from your folder as simple as that.
You can down load a slide show -dvdpixplay[ you can have free for 45 days before you buy it or unload it]

The critical thing is the player.
There are many brands of players and many firmware chip sets
And not all play all the disks that can be burned on PC although they will all play commercial DVD's
Strange as it may seem - it is the cheaper players as sold for £20 in ASDA and the like that appear to be the most versatile.
Many have a built in slide show other don't - it pays therefore to do your homework.

Technotiger 20:12 20 Sep 2007

I have a TESCO Model 1030 DVD player, Multi-Region cost £10 and plays PC VCD's perfick!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017