photos on dvd through player

Gunner303 14:44 27 Dec 2006

I would like to put some photo's from hard disk on to a dvd disc to play through a dvd player, Can anybody help me as to the necessary software required please.

howard64 14:49 27 Dec 2006

windows xp has a built in writer and an option is to make a playable disk. I use nero.

jack 15:00 27 Dec 2006

Assuming you have XP
There is no extra software required.
Simply make a selection of images and click and drag or copy and paste to your CD drive.
Insert a DVD-R disk in the drive and follow the prompts.
If you have difficulty with this then there is free software to download XPburnerPro being the most popular.
As regards the DVD player playing the disc, that is up to the player there are many player configurations out there some players being very picky about the type of disk they will play.
Conversely- the more 'High-End'[pricey] the player the pickier they tend to be, whereas a £20 cheapy from Asda/Comet etc., will play them all.
On a cruise this year we needed to run a VXCD of a slide show I had made on a previous cruise on the same ship, on the ships broadcast system -we had our doubts -but the Techie said have no fear we have just the player for this and there in this High-Tech studio with all the latest broadcast kit was a Wall Mart cheapy- the show ran a treat on the big cinema screen.

woodchip 15:19 27 Dec 2006

No software needed, If your Player will read Jpeg. Just drag the files onto the DVD in NERO or you burning program and burn to disc. This should play if your Player supports the above

woodchip 15:20 27 Dec 2006

PS you need to make sure they are Jpeg, Jpg

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017