PHOTOS & DOCUMENTS - PREVENT FROM BEING FORWARDED

Rabi 17:04 13 Mar 2009

Hi,

I am told this is not possible to prevent, but I will settle for making it difficult for all but the very determined:

I would like to be able to send pictures and some emails to a relative. I would like to prevent these pictures from being forwarded to another person by email. Is there software, preferably freeware, that can prevent this?

If not, can I so tag a picture with a name or textv that appears on a picture (like a watermark?) that is very difficult to remove? This way, if the picture appears on YouTube, MySpace, etc I will be able to trace which person I sent it to placed it on one of those sites.

I'd like to be able to do simialr to email, prevent it being forwarded, printed, or possibly be able to recall/destroy/remove from in inbox I have sent the email to.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Graphicool1 17:30 13 Mar 2009

Yes you can 'Watermark' your pictures. But anyone determined enough will be able to clean it off. As for the other possibilities you allude to. I have to say it would be good if it they were possible, but very unlikely.
There are many things that you can do to try and protect photo's. However, once you launch them on the Web you are in effect giving them away.
The best solution I can offer you is save them in a format such as 'bmp' or 'jpg' and in a 'DPI' (dots per inch) that looks good in say a Postcard Size. That way if it does fall into the wrong hands, even if they can lift it from the Net. They won't be able to use it without a lot of knowhow and technical wizardry!

Rabi 17:38 13 Mar 2009

Thanks, Graphicool1,

All noted. Any idea how to "Watermark", and any suggestions on the DPI for Postcard Size?

Thank you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?