Photo's onto a disc

Sparkly 15:31 11 Mar 2007

Hi all i am wanting to put a load of photos of my dad who died a few years ago onto a disc for my brother in canada,if i were to use nero and burn them onto the disc should i put them on as jpeg or should i create a data disc im unsure as to the best way to do it as im not sure if his dvd player would read the disc he did metion that he would like to veiw them on thier tv.
Thanks in advance.

Rtus 15:53 11 Mar 2007

I use a DVDRW drive & media to compile a data disk of my photos ,while my camera's set to take in jpeg they are still very large files.,I tend to use the viewer program that came along with the camera to save any pics as Bitmaps.as theres upto 4gb of space on the dvdr for them, however using a CDR media your limited to 600mb so jpeg format gives more options for that .My cinema/Tv unit can play both Dvd /Cdr media & we are able to view ,The only thought I have to bear in mind is to make pics contained within one folder When creating pic disc for rellies as some tv/dvd units cant navigate around a data disc that well (Or the user camnt work out how)

woodchip 16:01 11 Mar 2007

You need to put them on as Jpeg as that is the most popular file format for Players, If they support Photos

Sparkly 16:46 11 Mar 2007

Thanks to you woodchip and allso Rtus.

Hwaqar1234 09:59 16 Mar 2007

just copy and paste it

Hwaqar1234 10:00 16 Mar 2007
  5starred 21:01 17 Jul 2007

Hi can anyone give me a simple guide on how to get some photos from my pc onto a cd? The easier and quicker the better. Thanks in advance...

woodchip 17:42 18 Jul 2007

If your comp is running XP, right click the photos and drag to CD with a disc in comp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?