Photos to CD

GBL 23:05 04 Feb 2003

I am using XP pro and Nero 5.5.
How do I transfer my photos from Digital camera etc which I have on my HD as JPG files onto CD.

I have tried but Nero changed them to DAT files and I cannot access them.

I did it before on my old machine using Easy CD creator, this is not compatable with my newer PC.

It must be easy if you know how.

Switcher 23:12 04 Feb 2003

Don't know why Nero would change JPG files to DAT files. I use nero for same purpose and they are copied to CD as JPGs. I use WIN98se but can't see that would make any difference.

Have you tried XPs built in CD burn program I have used it on a friend's PC and it worked very well.

GBL 23:14 04 Feb 2003

My last was on win98se which was fine also.

No to the XP version, how do I locate the program??

ericmax 23:29 04 Feb 2003

not sure about xp pro but in xp home i just right click the file in my pictures go down to send to and
click on cd/rw an icon will appear in your taskbar
saying files ready to be written to cd click on this
a window will open up showing the files then just click on write these files, just make sure you have a cd in your drive before you begin

Worf100 23:42 04 Feb 2003

ericmax's idea looks OK to me but I simply drag and drop into my CD-RW. I have a shortcut of all my drives on the desktop so I can open up the file which contain my data and drag it over the CD-RW shortcut, works in 98SE and XP Home.

MAJ 00:02 05 Feb 2003

If you want to save them for storage just, choose the Data CD option and drag and drop them in the Nero interface. If you want to make a Photo CD so that you can view them on your TV via a DVD player, choose the VCD option in Nero. There is a step by step guide in the Nero help files.

MichelleC 07:39 05 Feb 2003

...or there is an option in Easy which defaults at end of burn to either only read with Easy or with other software.

GBL 20:04 05 Feb 2003

My version of Nero is 5.5.7.2
I tried the VCD option in that, it was there where it changed the format for some reason.

If I put an blank CD in the Writer it fails to recognise it.

I will try the suggestions given and see what happens.

I do want to view the photos on mine and other PC's.

Not sure what you mean by Easy, MichelleC. If you mean Easy CD Creator, then I can't install that on XP, but did use it on my old PC and have found that I cannot view them now. Wiered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?