photo/imaging editing

drdeath 13:53 20 Mar 2004

hello could any of you kind people suggest a free user friendly image editing program to download for me ?? kind regards

Taran 14:09 20 Mar 2004

If your needs aren't too complicated, you could try IrfanView click here

If you want something as capable [and complex] as Adobe Photoshop but don't want to pay for it, The GIMP is a superb program but takes alot of getting your head around. Originally coded for Linux it has been ported over to Windows and you can grab it from click here

Manay magazine covermount disks feature older versions of image editing software.

If you do decide to buy one product, you'd be hard pushed to find something better than Ulead PhotoImpact. It comes in at a very reasonable price, has a very wide range of features and is also far easier to use than many other editors.

Foolsbane_1 16:09 20 Mar 2004

There is a free version of VicMan's Photo Editor click here

But I would recommend Serif PhotoPlus 5.5 click here=

jgosden 21:23 20 Mar 2004

try doownloading the trial of paint shop pro click here although it's not free its superb and has a 60 day demo

aafuss 08:24 27 Mar 2004

Try my Babya Photo Workshop Profesional-click here (freeware).

Forum Editor 08:38 27 Mar 2004

to Ulead PhotoImpact. I share Taran's enthusiasm for this under-rated product, and I have used it extensively for some time.

barryoneoff.co.uk 14:26 27 Mar 2004

Ulead and Micrografix, I ind them both excellent for different things.

I also find a very old installation of Corel Print Office combined with Corel Photoshop serves it's purpose.

Ben Avery 13:15 29 Mar 2004

Ulead PhotoImpact 7 & 8 for me, and never underestimate the potential of MSPaint! :)

BA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017