Photographs on Canvas

Cav1 11:33 28 Aug 2007

Does anyone know how to transfer photographs onto canvas?

wee eddie 13:54 28 Aug 2007

Real Canvas or Paper textured to appear Canvas like.

jack 15:55 28 Aug 2007

Print onto pre primed canvas- done - doing it all the time.
1. The material-
Canvas come pre primed ready to use
with Acrylic for - thats the one.

Where to get it- I have purchased it in A4 pads of 10 sheets in some art/stationers shops for as little as 99p -there is no make on cover- simply say Artist Materials Item No 5500.

Also Wilkinson's chain sell it in Rolls 150x50cm
pure cotton pre primed Acrylic 280Gsm for 99p

You have to cut it to size of course and because it is on a roll and there can be feed problems I tape a leader strip to the feed edge and shove the image down the page appropriately.
This is called ArtMate and the distributor to Wilkinson is Impressionist PO Box7012 Daventry NN11 1AB

bluto1 19:25 28 Aug 2007

Thanks for info jack. Bookmarked

Cav1 22:06 28 Aug 2007

Thanks Jack for all the info,
Have seen photographs re produced on canvas, and they look great I knew if I came on PC Advisor I would get the answer. Wee eddie I have used canvas textured paper but its not the same. thanks again

Diemmess 09:34 29 Aug 2007

280Gsm....!
Is it fairly flexible?

I don't think my ageing Epson Photo 870 could handle this, -- could it?

Cav1 10:06 29 Aug 2007

Diemmess, I am going to have a go, will let you know how I get on, fingers crossed. Your Epson 870 should handle it, can you change different paper thickness?

Diemmess 12:45 29 Aug 2007

Yes!

Your question made me sort through the ref. manual on the CD.
There is a lever to set either + or - and the manual implies leaving it on - for normal use, plus for thick paper, and envelopes perhaps?

I have always used the normal setting even heavyweight paper so the plus should deal with something quite thick indeed.

During the time that I have had the 870 I have used a Laser for all normal printing. I wouldn't dare put heavy stuff through that with its zig-zag paper path.

jack 17:35 29 Aug 2007

Dire Mess
MY R300 does it beautifully and[now you have made me go and look]]there is no thickness control.
If you want to have a go I cannot stress too strongly that leader strip tapes to the canvas- and it will need the curl taking out of if if you get it on a roll.-just cut it to size and place it under a couple of heavy books.
On cutting I find it can get A4 long side across twice on above the other and then a third long side down- several times down the roll.

Diemmess 17:57 29 Aug 2007

Thanks jack thats really helpful.

can't help a smile at the forum name you've given me... wish I had thought of it when I joined.

jack 19:50 29 Aug 2007

DM
I have called it you before in the past in our chats

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?