photogallery trying to install

awest3 20:50 16 Jun 2007

probably me being a bit thick...but....over the last few days each time I try to view an AVI movie file something called "photogallery" tries to install via the windows installer..it ask for a CD to be inserted...which one..? who knows...can anyone tell me what this is and how to get rid of it please....I've looked at the file associations and they all seem to be pointing to the right things....I use Googles Picasa 2 quite a lot and it even comes up in that..? Any help, as ever gratefully received...

Al

SANTOS7 20:56 16 Jun 2007

click here

If you have HP products on your PC this may help..

awest3 21:02 16 Jun 2007

Thanks...I'll need to dig out the HP disc ( I have two HP printers) to use this possible cure...but it seems to be the problem I'm having...I'll report back as soon as I've tried it.

Al

awest3 21:34 17 Jun 2007

Hi Santos7,

Well it seems to be fixed but I'm not quite sure how....I tried the suggested fixes..but it siad that they were not applicable to my system as I already had the fixes applied within windows (XP home with SP 2). Anyway from your starting point I found that the likely culprit was 'HP Image zone' so I uninstalled it....no real change so I decided to do a restore back to June 1..this failed, I'd already had a previous failure and had done the suggested fix of turning off retsore and starting again...but it looks like I have another problem now in that restores are not working again...anyway after re-booting..I no longer have the photogallery trying to install...

Thanks for your help...I'l now have a look at the restore problem..

Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?