Photo Slideshow Software

LeedsLass 13:59 11 Mar 2007

Can anyone recommend some FREE software that will create a photo slideshow that I can then burn to DVD to show on my TV.

Have tried using Nero but it will only allow me to put 99 pics per slideshow and I've got 811

TIA

GroupFC 14:56 11 Mar 2007

Are you sure that you really want to make on slideshow with 811 pics? If each picture displays for just 5 seconds, that is still a show, well over an hour in length!

If you have XP, you could use Windows Moviemaker to produce a slideshow (although I am not sure if it has a limit on the number of pics). Moviemaker doesn't support burning to DVD but you could save the finished movie to your HD, and then use Nero to burn.

Alternatively you could look at Microsoft's Photo Story to create the slideshow (altho', IIRC, you have to buy a plug-in to support burning to DVD.

A couple of sites for you to have a look at click here and click here

HTH.

pj123 15:19 11 Mar 2007

Most slideshow programs only allow up to 99 pics per show but you can have as many shows with 99 pics up to the limit of the CD/DVD.

The only one I know of that exceeds that limit (up to 400) is HP Memories Slideshow Creator. But it only works on CD not DVD. It is a free program but it's about 38mb size.
I have only used it once and have it on my computer as a .zip file which is 36mb.

Bagsey 17:57 11 Mar 2007

If it is a free prog that you want try this.

click here

I always used dvd pixplay which was cheap but this beats it and is easy to use.
However if you want to make dvds you will need the roxio plug in which will cost you about £10.00 but well worth it. It is thee easiest program to us that I have found.
A final thought you must be using Win XP

Bagsey 18:10 11 Mar 2007

Sorry forgot to give you the link to the Dvd plugin.
click here

muddypaws 18:15 11 Mar 2007

I can recommend PS3, but don't know what the max. No. of picture is.

Bagsey 18:19 11 Mar 2007

There is no max no of photos. I have had 800 with no trouble at all, Except boring my viewers for 1 hour plus.

eedcam 18:47 11 Mar 2007

LeedsLass If you want a decent job for what after all may become treasured memories well worth spending afew quid and doing a decent job.Forget the freebies and get one of the brands Magix photos on cd and dvd 4 can be got for about 20 odd£ will do everything you needincluding burning to cd or dvd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?