Photo Slide Show

dlguk 20:37 29 Dec 2006

Hi, can anyone tell me of a good 'slide show' program compatible with, DVD, PC. etc. I have tried Nero and DVD Pixplay, hmm!!!

Ty in advance

john-232317 22:51 29 Dec 2006

Try Picasa2 click here

eedcam 22:57 29 Dec 2006

Magix photos on cd and dvd 4 or 5 everything you need

jack 08:42 30 Dec 2006

I rather depends on what you find not to your liking .
ProShowGold is reckoned to be the Canine Gonads,
but if you find for example DVDPixPlay --er difficult- then it is not for you.
All these things have a rather steep learning curve.
So tell us more about your expectations

Bagsey 10:19 30 Dec 2006

Your obvious comments about DVD Pixplay surprises me. I know from experience that there were some compatability issues with the earlier version of it but from my point of view they have been sorted now and I am delighted with the results. Can you let us know what you find wrong with it and what version you are using.

dlguk 15:28 30 Dec 2006

No Jack, DVDPixPlay is not ‘er difficult’,quite the reverse as Bagsey states. In fact if it would allow me to burn a disc I would buy it. I create a ‘file’ and all runs well but when I try to ‘Burn’ it goes through all the motions and displays an error message: Burning Disc-100% failed, exception 8, status 0. Command failed.

jack 16:51 30 Dec 2006

DVD Pixplay is my show-maker of choice and I have used it for a few years now in all its incarnations.
Bagsey do you recall is it possible the burning is blocked in the trial version?
I recall that when I trialed the show there was a time limit[45 days I think] and a 50 image limit.
Although the show has its own burning routine there is nothing to stop one from saving the show and burn through you burner of choice.
Another thought
You are aware that the program will burn in various formats of CD-R -VCD/VXCD etc in addition to DVD
is there a confusion there between choice of burn format and type of disk selected?

dlguk 18:28 30 Dec 2006

Yes I am using the 45 day trial which purports to be fully functional. If it isn’t I have wasted a few discs which though no big deal is reprehensible by Xequte, one should be warned. I shall contact their support, thank you all for you help.

toxin 19:56 30 Dec 2006

Try click here

there is a free trial for download

NotsoNewuser 20:07 30 Dec 2006

I use U-Lead Video Studio which allows you to fade and dissolve and add music and commentary if you wish for slide shows in addition to its basic function of editing video.

Bagsey 12:50 31 Dec 2006

Have you checked out the Xequte forum for help.
click here
What you are describing sounds like the problem that I had in the early days which was sorted be the people on the forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?