photo programme

mimo 15:05 28 Aug 2003

hello all..i have a kodak digital camera cx 6330 working with xp.my problem is the camera is not supplied with a driver.i have contacted kodak for assistance but they dont supply drivers for their cameras.because of the lack of a driver i cant use the software included with xp to download from the camera directly.the only way is to create a folder then drag this to the xp software.so now my qusetion is there any software available which will download direct from the camera without the use of a driver ?.i know the answer will be no,but i live in hope.hear from you soon.best regards mimo

jakedawe 15:12 28 Aug 2003

Use a Card Reader.

alcudia 15:57 28 Aug 2003

I can't believe that Kodak of all people would produce a camera and not include any software to allow downloading from the camera to you computer. I think it's very poor. However as jakedawe says, find out what type of card your camera uses and buy a card reader for that type. They are very cheap and your system should see it as another drive, so you just drag and drop.
Alternatively programs such as PaintShop Pro or PaintShop Album include support for a host of cameras, but if you go this way make sure yours is included.

jakedawe 16:14 28 Aug 2003

You should also be aware that downloading from the camera will rapidly deplete your batteries.

BEVERLEY-256334 16:32 28 Aug 2003

My dad has a kodak dx3600, using the camera docking station, it downloads to windows xp with no problems at a touch of a button, it also charges batteries maybe the drivers come with the docking station, i'm not sure because he bought the camera + dock as a complete bungle about 2 years ago, they might have change thing since then.

mimo 16:43 28 Aug 2003

hello alcudia/jakedawe...thanks for your suggestions.no drivers ,why not ?.like most people i was only interested in the specs of the camera not what software was included.they say you always learn from your mistakes,i have .....when i installed the kodak camera software one of the programs was for a 6in1 reader.will this software be used when i purchase a card reader or will i have to install the program which is supplied ?.nothing is easy these days.once again thanks for your help.regards mimo

jakedawe 16:47 28 Aug 2003

If you buy a Card Reader it will no doubt come with its own software, I would suggest using that.

woodchip 17:02 28 Aug 2003

Go into Windows Explorer with your Camera connected and look for a camera icon or a removable drive or extra drive letter with the camera switched on then have a look to see if you can see your photo's if you can create a folder and drag the files to the folder you can also delete the photo's on the camera by selecting and then delete

woodchip 17:03 28 Aug 2003

Right at the bottom of the page in Explorer

BEVERLEY-256334 17:04 28 Aug 2003

you can download kodak easyshare software from kodak web site but you have to register with them first
click here
don't know if there is a charge for this or you can purchase the cd for 7.95 us dollers

spuds 19:58 28 Aug 2003

If you purchase any of the 'X' range of Kodak cameras, they should come with both Firmware and Software. I had a problem downloading the latest drivers for my DX3700. Kodak suggested that I let the XP o/s find the driver for me.They also sent me a 'freebie' cd.

With the DX3700, a docking unit was supplied, as an optional, this worked very well initially, but I converted to a PNY 6in1 card-reader. Should mention that Kodak have just brought out a new much superior docking unit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?