Photo prints best way an to scan into laptop?

Internetwhizzkid 17:45 24 Apr 2007

Hi,
I have just got my pictures back from boots where I took the single cameras to be developed. Now because I went with a group of people, they would like some pictures as we exchanged emails and all that. Anyway I do have an all in one and when i scanned one image in it was difficult for it to scan in straight if you know what I mean?
Also it has a white space all around the photo graph because it scans the whole scanner bed area, does anyone know how to get the scanner to just scan that bit in?

The list will go on but I am sure you know what I am trying to do ( scan in images and send some to people and add the rest to a powerpoint presentation)

Any help and suggestions will be great

Thanks
Ben

pj123 17:57 24 Apr 2007

Depending on what scanner you have, once you have done a Preview you should get a "marching ants" border. You adjust this border to the edges of the picture and then press scan.

Let us know what scanner you have? Also your operating system.

Diemmess 18:06 24 Apr 2007

If the pictures are from a 'film' camera it may be simpler to have reprints done as in the past.

Even that won't solve emailing, so it will help if you say which all-in-one scanner you have. It may be possible depending on the unit to select areas for scanning.

You could keep them straight in the scanner by spots of adhesive to scan several together on an A4 sheet of paper, but there is a risk they will jam and make a mess inside the scanner. Again it depends on the scanner design.

If you or a friend has the time to spend, a half decent compact sort of digital camera could be used to photograph the prints. With care will be high enough quality to be worth the trouble.

Internetwhizzkid 18:09 24 Apr 2007

I have a lexmark x 1250 windows vista home premium and for some reason the preview button does not work

Diemmess 18:28 24 Apr 2007

Perhaps the pre-view is the very thing you need?
Sorry for that!

MAJ 19:28 24 Apr 2007

If the prescan isn't working I suggest you might need to download and install new drivers for Vista. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?