Photo paper for laser printers

paulloseby 18:51 21 Sep 2006

I have a Magicolour 2400W laser printer which prints excellent colour photographs on plain paper. I would like to put the occasional print on a more 'photographic' paper. Which is the best type and make if possible, to use?

Many thanks

Paul

Ade_1 20:09 21 Sep 2006

I use an Epson RX520 and I bought a pack of cartridges with came with glossy paper.

I have printed numerous photos now on the glossy paper and it comes out tremdous.

I cant suggest a specific product but I would use glossy paper. The glossy paper is pretty much what your photos would be printed on if you had taken them to a developers.

Aidan

postie24 20:14 21 Sep 2006

i use premium glossy paper,photos come out excellent.like ade_1 said gloosy paper would be fine

jolorna 20:57 21 Sep 2006

you cannot use glossy paper in a laser printer, because of the heat

jolorna 21:05 21 Sep 2006

sorry i just looked your laser printer up click here yes there is one for yours, i have a xerox & i cant use gloosy in mine

amateurann 22:15 21 Sep 2006

HP make a 120g double sided glossy photo paper for laser printers. Not widely available product code Q6547A. If your printer will take that weight it is a good paper. Not many manufacturers make photo papers for laser printers yet.

Totally-braindead 22:24 21 Sep 2006

Be wary, as has been pointed out certain laser printers can have problems with certain types of paper. Some of my inkjet photo paper has a warning on it that it is for inkjet only and may cause damage to a laser printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?