Photo Images streeeeeeeeeeeeeched out

wetterfugal 16:54 28 Jan 2003

I have scanned some images on my Win98 PC and they are fine. I have just built a WinXP and the scanned images were written to CD and loaded in the X PC. They too were OK.

I installed my scanner on The XP machine and the installation was faulty, I was warned from the Visioneer [My Scanner] site that the software may not work on XP and that I should first create a System Restore Point which I did. I did not work correctly so I uninstalled it but there was no trace of the restore point that I had created.

Now I find that all my graphic as viewed in PhotoShop 6 and PaintShop Pro show that the aspect ratios have been reversed. An image which on the 98 PC has a print size of 5.063" x 3.487" is 3.487" x 5.063" on the XP PC. (They are too tall or too wide] I can re size them of course but it is not the solution and I have a large number of images.

I have saved the TIF image to JPG on a floppy and transferred it to the XP machine and the results where as above. Any ideas?

Pesala 17:53 28 Jan 2003

I expect that you can find the right drivers in time, but it seems that a lot of folks have problems with Windows XP and Windows ME (including ME) Windows 98SE seems more reliable:

click here

wetterfugal 18:19 28 Jan 2003

You are right of course, I don't want to hear. Xp is too expensive to throw it away and as you know Win 98 will not be supported after August.

You have no idea of the trouble I have had with 98. My son swears by XP. no trouble.

The only way to learn is by lifes trials.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?