Photo image software free if possible?

Baskerville 18:49 06 Mar 2009

Hi All,

I'm looking for a photo image application that is easy and free to use, something that I can insert an image into to crop or reduce size and maybe put a nice border around the photo.

Something quick and easy if possible,

Many thanks,

I have two computers one running XP and another Vista, so if possible an application that will run on both please.

Baskerville.

mgmcc 18:56 06 Mar 2009

Have a look at "Photoscape" click here which is free, easy to use and has some fairly sophisticated tools.

MAJ 18:59 06 Mar 2009

Gimp click here

rdave13 19:00 06 Mar 2009

Paint dot net is quite good; click here

alB 19:00 06 Mar 2009

Photo Plus from Serif is not bad either ...alB
click here

hssutton 20:29 06 Mar 2009

Also have a look at these two photofiltre click here and Picasa click here.

Both are quite good easy to use and free

eedcam 22:17 06 Mar 2009

I'd go with Serif photoplus it has inbuilt tutorials for the tasks you described

skidzy 22:37 06 Mar 2009

" I'm looking for a photo image application that is easy and free to use, something that I can insert an image into to crop or reduce size and maybe put a nice border around the photo ".

Photoscape is the one you want,it does not get much easier than that and a quality little program too.Runs fine on xp and Vista though i did have a small problem in the latest version 3.3 but now sorted.

Im using Photoshop Elements 7,but still go back to Photoscape for my borders and other bits and bobs.

anchor 09:30 07 Mar 2009

Nobody has mentioned Irfanview yet; worth a look.

click here

Baskerville 11:41 07 Mar 2009

Many thanks everyone, I decided to try Photoscape.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

Baskerville.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?