Photo editing

scott26985 00:34 23 Feb 2007

Ive trying to get into photo editing. I really like making signatures for fourms and stuff like that but all I have to do it is micosoft publisher 2002 and micosoft paint. I really get nothing out of these and my photo edits look basic. can anyone recogmened some good software, free or to buy. Thanks

bennyhillslovechild 01:32 23 Feb 2007

The Gimp is probably the most fully featured and versatile of the free/open source software with support for plug-ins and extensions, and offering layers, channels and paths, tabbed and docked palletes and a raft of painting tools. it can be downloaded here: click here

Other options if you are willing to spend a little bit of money are Adobe Photoshop Elements, a cut-down but still extremely capable version of Photoshop, or Paint Shop Pro. Both of these can be found for approx £60.

Wak 13:48 23 Feb 2007

Photofiltre is also good and FREE
click here

scott26985 15:32 23 Feb 2007

thanks i'll try it. Ive put gimp on and its really good

all I need now is a gif editor

PCA ArtDirector 16:15 23 Feb 2007

Our latest edition PCA 141 has a copy of PhotoPlus 8 on the cover disc. It isn't their latest version but it's not bad and even better it's the full version and free! (when you buy the magazine). There is also a quick Gimp tutorial on page 154-157. Hope this helps.

James Nolan
Art Director

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone