phone and fax modem?

levyo1 20:19 11 Nov 2003

Can anybody help? At the moment I am using a HSP56MR modem, but I want a phone and fax modem. I have looked on the net at pc world but there are so many to choose. I am running xp and I am on broadband, does anybody reccomend a decent make of modem, any help would be welcome.

Giggle n' Bits 20:27 11 Nov 2003

I have just checked they are in, at click here the one which says V92 PCI internal modem its not a OEM and comes with all the software you need on CD. XP ok.

DieSse 20:28 11 Nov 2003

Why do you think that the modem you have now will not fax?

levyo1 20:31 11 Nov 2003

i have tried to fax and it wont do it?

Giggle n' Bits 20:37 11 Nov 2003

lev1, what software are you using to send out a fax ?

Check that all where available settings ref your Dial area codes are set ok.

Have you installed the fax on your PC?

From Help:

To install the Fax component
Open Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
In the Windows Components Wizard, select the Fax Services check box, and then follow the instructions on your screen.
Notes

To open Fax after installation, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Communications, and then click Fax Console.
For more information on using Fax, click Help in Fax Console.

Djohn 20:42 11 Nov 2003

Is it working now? :o(

accord 20:45 11 Nov 2003

this has been resolved but with no answer from lev1 ???????

I should add, the fax facility is part of XP, not the modem. You will need to use the voice line to use fax, not Broadband.

accord 20:58 11 Nov 2003

In response to the above, im using Fax Console in XP home for my outgoing faxes using a USB Modem plugged into my BT line. Incoming faxes via Trinite click here Connecting to the net via NTL BB. Havent had a problem with this set up at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?