Phishing Bank emails

skidzy 15:46 24 Jan 2008

Just a quick word of caution folks !!!

Ive been receiving a few phishing/spam emails asking to activate my Lloyds bank account,i will not post the link but be warned its Phishing !!

Just thought i would let you know,especially the not so knowledgable folk.

This is the contents of the email:

Dear Valued Customer,

- Our new security system will help you to avoid unauthorized access to your account

and keep your investment safe.

- Due to technical maintenance we need you to reactivate your account.

Please click the link below to proceed

Do NOT click the link that comes with the email !!!!

MAJ 15:53 24 Jan 2008

There's a lot of them going round at the minute, Lloyds, Halifax, Abbey, etc. A timely post to let everyone know to be careful.

Salut 16:08 24 Jan 2008

As a point of principle I always forward the offending emails to the security section of which ever bank is being 'phished.' I do so because the sooner the source is identified and stopped, they will keep being sent. The security contacts are readily available on the bank web sites. I have been advised, as Skidzy notes, never click the link and immediately delete the email.

Sea Urchin 16:26 24 Jan 2008

Hi skidzy - always worth a mention on this forum. A couple of weeks ago I had four, supposedly from the Nationwide, all within a week. Did they expect me to eventually cave in and click the link? Well, they were disappointed. As Salut says I forwarded them to the appropriate security division.

johnnyrocker 16:28 24 Jan 2008

generally there is no problem as they have been identified and the links lead to page cannot be displayed. i get about thirty a day

johnny

skidzy 20:04 24 Jan 2008

Bump ^^^^

Just to make others aware,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?