Philps SPD6000FD Internal Lightscribe

redbarron 16:17 06 Dec 2006

Does anyone own one of these, and could you give me you opinion on it please.

Thanks

redbarron

It works, the discs seem expensive to me, I used it just two or three times when it was new but have reverted to my printed labels.

User-312386 23:18 06 Dec 2006

I can only comment on my Benq lightscribe, i love lightscribe, i bought a joblot of dvd discs on e-bay and never looked back

AndySD 01:22 07 Dec 2006

Yep I like it....at first I had a lot of problems with HP disks though..... this turned out to be a bad batch from HP since then no problems.

redbarron 11:16 07 Dec 2006

Thanks everyone.

Just one more question. Are the results good when copying a DVD movie to disc?

Thanks again.

redbarron

redbarron 11:48 03 Jan 2007

I printed my first lightscribe disc the other day and was disapointed by the result. The print out on the disc was very faint to what I was expecting even though I used the 'Best' setting in lightscribe.

I downloaded a colour dvd movie disc cover which was clear, bright and sharp. I obviously wasn't expecting it to print in colour, but I was expecting the image to be sharper than it was.

I use Nero 6 Ultra with lightscribe installed. I have checked to make sure that both my Nero and my Philips lightscribe writer have the latest updates.

Is there a setting that needs adjusting somewhere or a download I need.

I did download from the lightscribe website the 'Lightscribe Extended Label Contrast Utility' to see if that improves things, but haven't used it as yet.

User-312386 20:25 03 Jan 2007

No but if you use defined lines the print out does come out better

redbarron 10:21 04 Jan 2007

Please explain, as I don't know what you mean.

Thanks

rb

redbarron 09:52 05 Jan 2007

Please see three postings up.

Can anyone else help please. Thank you.

rb

AndySD 18:45 10 Jan 2007

A long time to answer I know...but the make of the disk can be important in the printing, the best I have used so far are the Verbatum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?