Philips USB Wireless network router not working

comptec 19:17 22 Jul 2007

I have installed the software for my new Philips wireless network adaptor and the power light is on ok, I selected my Netgear router to connect to and an error msg was "Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range".

Queries as follows:-

The wireless network connection is number 13 - does this have any relevance to the problem?

In the Philips adaptor network manager the router signal shows 82% - does this have to be 100% for it to pick up? The PC is in my daughter's bedroom and is a USB adaptor, the router is downstairs.

The adaptor is a Philips g108Mbps True Turbo - I made sure I selected the network type to Philips True Turbo under the Netgear configuration in the adaptor network manager.

The adaptor is listed ok in Device Manager. The wireless access point is ticked in my router settings and "allow broadcast of SSID" is ticked as well so there shouldnt be any problems.

In the Netgear (router) smart wizard the "attached devices" does not show the pc that I want the wireless network on - does this pick up the adaptor only when its connected both ways?

Am I missing something here???

ambra4 03:54 24 Jul 2007

Try these sites

4 steps to set up your home wireless network

click here

Complete Broadband setup frequently asked networking questions

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone