Philips SPC220NC Webcam Error 39

Trew316 20:50 27 Jan 2008

Hi i just bought a Philips SPC220NC/00 cam, the drivers off the disk install fine but when I plug it in I get Error 39, Windows cannot find the device driver. This has happened with 3 cams now 2 new and 1 old. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and updating the driver to no avail any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

citadel 21:00 27 Jan 2008

i have a webcam that i lost the disc for, i plugged it in and windows installed a driver, this showed the camera was working,[ windows has a set of basic drivers for various stuff] i then downloaded the makers software and driver and installed it.

Technotiger 21:00 27 Jan 2008

click here then scroll down to Error 39 - worth a try, even though you have already done most of it.

MAT ALAN 21:00 27 Jan 2008

Code 39 Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) This error code appears when Windows is unable to read a driver. To solve the problem, follow these steps: 1. Right-click the name of the driver and select Uninstall from the pop-up menu. 2. Open the Action menu in the Device Manager and choose the Scan For Hardware Changes option. Windows will try to reinstall the device driver. 3. If the problem continues, install a new copy of the device driver from the disk supplied with the device, or download a new driver from the manu- facturer’s website

Trew316 21:07 27 Jan 2008

Thanks for the swift reply, I have just uninstalled and clicked on Scan for Hardware changes and it came up with CIF Single Chip before changing to Philips SPC220NC Still not woring tho' I read somewhere that it could have something to do with registry but I have no clue how to find out.

Technotiger 21:09 27 Jan 2008

Run ccleaner click here (in its default settings) after un-installing the drivers, this will clean up any 'left-overs' in the Registry. Then try the install again.

Trew316 21:11 27 Jan 2008

I've Done that after each uninstall it's getting on my nerves now lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache