Philips Sound

Genius1 15:58 04 Jul 2006

I have a Philips LS2000 PC, bought about 18 months ago from PCWorld. A few weeks ago, my hard drive failed and, finally I got a new hard drive and have installed everything back to the way it was. However, one main difference is now I have Windows XP Professional instead of XP Media Centre provided when the computer was new.

I also have no sound. In Device Manager, it says the status for the Multimedia Controller that:

'The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28). To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.'.

Will this solve the problem? I am wary of doing this as the PC was built for Media Centre and now uses Professional. Thanks in advance.

howard63 16:23 04 Jul 2006

your pc should have been supplied with a motherboard driver cd - use this to reinstall your motherboards drivers. If your system has a separate sound card you need to install the driver for it either from your cd or from the makers site.

Genius1 16:34 04 Jul 2006

No motherboard driver CD was supplied with my PC - in fact, no CDs apart from Works 8.0 was supplied. I will install the driver from the site, thank you.

Genius1 17:37 01 Aug 2006

Fixed, click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?