philips jackrabbit mr32rwdv

MOMBASA 23:14 30 Aug 2003

I have bought the above external cd rewriter dvd player for my laptop. I am using a USB 2 upgrade pcmcia card for the connection. I have a pentium 3 and Windows XP. When I try to play a dvd the system freezes and I have turn the machine off at the mains.

Any help appreciated

hugh-265156 00:41 31 Aug 2003

does the dvd play at all before freezing?does it read/burn cdrs ok?what software are you using to watch dvds?

im not at all familiar with external drives,pcmcia cards or laptops and i could not find any info on the model you have only click here ,are the drivers for everything up to date and installed correctly? look in control panel/system/hardware/device manager for yellow question marks and click here for a very rough guide to pcmcia cards.

MOMBASA 05:39 31 Aug 2003

It does not play the dvd at all. Using Easy CD creator for burning cds and PowerDVD to play dvd's. It can read the title of the dvd but does not play it.

-pops- 07:12 31 Aug 2003

Ensure the USB, PCMCIA and all items associated with them can cope with the high transfer rates which are essential for the correct operation of DVD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache