Philips HDD6320/05 Go Gear Digital Audio Player

magnus35 00:12 12 Feb 2007

I was quite pleased to have been able to install the device and transfer some music to it but a problem with WMP led to an uninstall via system restore - see other thread . However , when the software and device were reinstalled it was recognised as Philips HDD63XX Go Gear , with a different icon in My Computer . Right clicking the icon allows the device to be explored but does not show access to 'Properties ' , as it did previously. Also , exploration revealed the file set up to be different from before . Whilst connected to the Internet a little notice slid up at the bottom right of the screen advising that an update for HDD6320 was available . It was only there very briefly and disappeared before I could decide whether to act upon it . When I connect to Device Manager - the installed software - it recognises the player a HDD633XX and , after clicking on 'Updates ' , indicates that it has the latest firmware installed . Being quite concerned by this , I contacted Philips Customer Support via their website . When they eventually replied , I was directed to the FAQ section and what to do if your PC does not recognise the player . This is not my problem . The gadget is recognised , but as a different product . I'm hoping that another participant in this forum may have encountered a similar problem , maybe even with the same device , and be able to suggest a remedy .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)