Phantom Page Scrolling

DeeCee1669 17:44 22 Apr 2004

My problem is that when I am viewing a page on my monitor - it can be a web page, spreadsheet, word document etc, it scrolls further down the page by itself. If I scroll it back up it will often just move me back down again. As you can imagine, this can be very annoying if you are reading or working on a specific part of the page. I've had this problem for approx. 3 months now.
I have an Athlon 2000MHz processor, 256 Mb memory, 80 Gb hard drive, Windows XP, and no unusual software that I can think of.

DeeCee

Curio 17:50 22 Apr 2004

Try checking for any stuck keyboard keys such as Scroll Lock, Pg up, Pg dn. You may have debris in the keyboard

wee eddie 19:25 22 Apr 2004

I had a problem with the image moving up and down and slipping off links.

It seems to have been caused by a self created induced current.

I'll explain - To tidy my desk, I had wound the excess mouse cable many times around my hand and cinched it with an elastic band.

When I took the band off and had the mouse flex winding it's merry way wherever it would. The problem disappeared.

DeeCee1669 04:04 23 Apr 2004

Thanks for your input. Not because of this problem, but I have recntly replaced my mouse and keyboard and the problem still remains.

DeeCee

Simsy 05:50 23 Apr 2004

mosue and keyboard wireless?

If so it might be worth temp replacing them with conventional ones to eliminate spurious radio signals as the cause.

Regards,

Simsy

DeeCee1669 10:13 23 Apr 2004

Nope, the keyboard and mouse aren't wireless.

DeeCee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)