PF usage very high

wesparmalee 13:36 10 Jan 2005

I've noticed recently that my PF usage seems to be very high considering the limited ammount of programs running on my pc.The PF usage is running anywhere from 250-400,and never seems to lower itself below 200.I've done various virus scans,and checked for possible highjacks etc,but they have all come up negative.Is there any way of reducing these levels,and how can i increase the general memory on my pc.I know this can be done by stopping programs that are not really needed,so as to speed up the computer,but i don't want to make any rash changes to the computer.Please help,thankyou.I'm using windows xp.

JIM 14:07 10 Jan 2005

If you go to systems properties click advance, settings,and then advanced again.What is your number of MB set for Total page size file for all drives?

How many processes/programs running do you have and what is the total ram installed. 250-400 does not/appear to drastic.

If you rebooted and when on your desktop you opened Win task manager is there a big difference with the numbers andPF usage etc at that timeof opening up your normal software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017