PF Usage Running needlessly high

ShoujoAkuma 01:56 23 May 2009

Hi, I wondering if you could help me?
Recently my computer's virtual memory has started filling up with nothing. But it still starts yelling at me about how it's virtual memory is too low and it stops letting me run anything, because, apparently, according to it, it's running too much. Yet it's running only the things necessary to run the computer.
I'm running windows xp, on a vostro 1500.
Please help here....

tullie 06:37 23 May 2009

Hows your RAM?

ShoujoAkuma 06:56 23 May 2009

I'm not sure, and I don't know how to check, but I do know that according to my friend, my RAM's pretty good. Not amazing, but still good. And I've never had this problem before and I've been running this computer for about 2 years now.

ened 08:24 23 May 2009

I think what tullie is asking is how much RAM do you have?

Start - My Computer - 'right-click' and choose properties.

ShoujoAkuma 09:04 23 May 2009

Okay, found it. 1gb of RAM. Did I mention that I have 4gbs of pf usage and that it's filling that up with nothing? As we speak, running firefox alone, it says it's using 2.23gbs. Within a hour it will tell me it can't run anything else and I will have to restart it again.
I've run spy-bot and ad-aware and avg and found the few cookies here and there, and nothing else.
I'm preparing to run House Call.
I don't know what it is, and it doesn't seem to be like the problems I found on google.
I'm very frustrated...

ShoujoAkuma 05:38 24 May 2009

Never mind, I don't know why it's stopped, but it has. If anyone thinks of anything that might have caused it, message me, since I don't know what might trigger it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone