personalized themes

LANDCRUISER 14:13 01 Feb 2007

when rebooting pc the pc goes into personalized themes setup,this started when windows informed me that i had a corrupt files & removed them,i am using xp home edition with norton systemworks,firewall & antivirus set up & aol,if i am loading say updates or programs & i switch of pc i have to reload all again, i have tried a few things like sfc /scannow,virus checks ect,so please help if you can

LANDCRUISER 14:51 01 Feb 2007

anybody

andrew-196854 15:01 01 Feb 2007

what were the corrupt files can you remember , only a thought have you tried msconfig to disable some programs from starting up , another thought may be way off but are there any conflicting programs antivirus etc do you have 2 of them

LANDCRUISER 15:13 01 Feb 2007

Hi dibblydufuss,when it cleaned the files it went so fast that you could not see what they were,the set up was as it was before windows deleted but the only thing change was that when it starts it has a small message saying windows is setting up personalized theme setup,by stopping things loading i cannot see how this will help & no i do not have two antivirus running

andrew-196854 15:31 01 Feb 2007

have you tried system restore?

LANDCRUISER 15:33 01 Feb 2007

i have norton go back & it wiped this so i cannot go back

rawprawn 15:39 01 Feb 2007

click here WWindows Repair may be the answer.

LANDCRUISER 16:40 01 Feb 2007

hi rawprawn,Will i have to reload all my norton things after

rawprawn 20:55 01 Feb 2007

Your programs and applications should be OK, but unless your XP disc is SP2 you will have to reinstall SP2. I have never used Norton so I can't advise, I am not sure what you mean by all my Norton things. If it's just a program it should be unaffected as it points out "all other documents and applications should remain intact and they will be available to use after the repair has completed". However you will need to download all windows updates. I hope this helps. If you have tried sfc /scannow, I can't think of any other way round your problem barring a full format and reinstallation.Good luck!

LANDCRUISER 15:23 02 Feb 2007

i will do a restore because i have my most important things back up,thanks for everybody input

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017