Persistent Blue Screen Crash (XP Home)

Antz 08:49 06 May 2007

I am getting a new annoying problem. My system is Blue-screen crashing with the error message ' IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL'.
I have traced the error in the event viewer to a 'driver finds a scsi control error' in a NAS device. I am sure this is referring to my Network Attached Hard Drive( Targa 400GB from Lidl)installed on my wired network for six months now without any trouble. I re-installed the drivers with a temporary improvement. Does anyone have any help for me? I am particularly interested in the meaning of the 'BLUE SCREEN' Error message.Could this be a warranty issue?

Thanks in advance
Anthony

STREETWORK 09:14 06 May 2007

Are you running Norton anti Virus?

If so go to their website and search for irql in the support section...

The other possible problem is hardware drivers, so update the drivers for any network cards, modems, graphics and hard drives, etc...

Antz 10:16 06 May 2007

I'm not running Norton but I will check out the support site of my Antivirus vendor.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:34 06 May 2007

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
click here

Antz 11:40 06 May 2007

Thanks for the link Fruit Bat.Given that there is a reference to a SCSI fault in the Error Log, I can assume that there is a SCSI driver issue.I have never had this problem before and have no idea where to go for an updated SCSI driver.My NAS device is a TARGA, I went to the support site for an updated driver but there is only the one that was shipped with the device. Or,is SCSI a motherboard device?.........pure ignorance I know.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:46 06 May 2007

SATA drives appear as scsi nowadays.

Is your TARGA drive SATA or IDE?

Antz 13:26 06 May 2007

My Targa drive is a Samsung 400GB SATA Drive( in an enclosure) hooked up to my wired home Network, my two onboard drives are Western Digital 160GB and 40GB EIDE drives.......I have switched off the NAS drive now because the other two P.C's in the house are crashing also.Everything is stable again since I removed it from the network..What a nightmare!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?